Let’s face it: when we turn 40, we start to change. There’s no way to stop it.
Yes, our bodies change, and there are unique challenges that come with aging after 40. But we also shift more in our thoughts, our perceptions, our wants, our desires.
Welcome to Embrace the Shift: REAL Topics, REAL Conversations for Women Over 40. This monthly virtual gathering of like-minded women will cover the REAL topics that women over the age of 40 want to talk about, like sexual desire, menopause, financial security, sleep, and caring for aging parents.
Too often we think talking about these topics is taboo, but the more we talk and have REAL converations about these topics, the more we are able to lean into them, and the more we take away their power over us. This is a safe space to come together to talk about REAL life.
- The Emotional & Mental Health Impacts of Caring for a Loved One, with Andrea Garcia (not recorded)
- Reigniting Sexual Desire at Any Age with Laurie Handlers, Sex and Happiness Expert
- Hormones, the bodies telephone system: how to understand your hormones, ask the right questions, and advocate for yourself with Meghann Feldman, CEO, Trivida Functional Medicine
- Menopause Symptoms – Myth or Reality with Ellen Kocher, Health & Wellness Coach
- Ignite Your Creative Spark: Artful Play for Women Over 40 with Dr. Minette Riordan, Artist, Write, and Entrepreneur
- Permission to Pause: The Power of Connecting to our Intuition with Shoshanna French, Intuitive Coach and Speaker
- Allow Your DESIRE to Guide Your Life After 40 with Jenny Glick, Marriage&Family Therapist, Sex Therapist
- The Gray Area of Drinking and Other Obstacles in Life with Meghann Conter, CEO, The Dames
- Practical Joy – Simple Tools to Cultivate More Joy Everyday with M. Shannon Hernandez, Founder of Joyful Business Revolution
- Depression in Women Over 40 with Dr. Carrie Johansson, Speaker, Author, and Psychologist
- How to Make Friends When You’re Over 40 with Jen Coken, Executive Leadership Coach
WHO IS THIS MONTHLY GATHERING FOR?
Women over 40 who are open to exploring different ways of approaching heath, wellness, money, and daily life, and are wanting deeper, more meaningful relationships with other women.
My name is Karianne Munstedt and I’m your host of Embrace the Shift.
In 2021, I started a photography project photographing and celebrating women over the age of 40 (also, scroll down to see more). The women I met through this project were more confident, more honest, and more self-assured than ever before. Sure, when we age, there are specific issues that start taking place…but life is far from downhill after the age of 40!
As a 44-year-old myself, I sense the shifts in my body and mindset. We can’t stop the shifts from happening…so what do we do? We Embrace the Shift!
Embrace it all…the good, the bad, and the ugly.
Embrace it with honesty and vulnerability and openness and connectedness.
Join me and EMBRACE THE SHIFT.
Joy is an inside job! with expert M. Shannon Hernandez
- June – August: NO SHOWS
- September TBD
- October TBD
- November TBD
- December TBD
Embrace the Shift is generously sponsored by The Dames.
The Dames helps lone warrior business women around the world running 6 and 7-figure businesses and women in Director+ roles of large organizations become radically collaborative Dames in 3 steps:
1. Power Partner Matchmaking – so that you can build mutually beneficial relationships
2. Grow Your Network – so that you can grow your mindset, revenues, and careers
3. Experience More FUN – so that you can truly enjoy your life and business/career
WHAT WILL THE FORMAT OF THE MEETING LOOK LIKE?
We’re following the R.E.A.L. format:
R: Relatable Share.
A past participant in Karianne’s Women Over 40 Photography Projectwill
share her experiences with the topic of the month and have a “hot seat” with the expert.
An expert will provide education on the monthly topic.
A: Authentic Conversations.
We’ll discuss a question and have a real, authentic, vulnerable discussion about it.
L: Living it Out.
Our expert will provide ways to live this topic and apply the education to your real life.
WOMEN OVER 40 DESERVE TO BE CELEBRATED.
As women, we wear many hats. We are wives, mothers, daughters, employees, business owners, cooks, friends, teachers, students, and so much more.
And yet, what we are first and foremost are…WOMEN.
Women are radiance, sensuality, and femininity. Even if you haven’t seen those things in yourself in a long time, they are there, just waiting to be unleashed.
And we’re changing the narrative around what beauty over the age of 40 looks like.
Empowering photo experience / Art exhibit / Magazine / Celebration party
JOIN THE 2023 PROJECT!